Music Video - Start Something - Tear Down The Flagship

Our Final MySpace Website - Click to Visit

Our Final Album Cover

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Post Production Skills (Crazy fun with lights and zooms)

So, I may be a rubbish editor/director/camera man but this is sometimes great for blogging. I know the horrid moment of getting to the edit suite, looking at a shot and going "Holy Guacamole that shot looks like ____", as it has occurred in my household more times than I care to count.

So here is a simple, bad example of what you can do with a really boring still shot to make it look good in post production. Yes it's very rough and I didn't spend that long on keyframing as I just wanted to do a rough example.



On the first clip, I have just a still Mid Shot I filmed of me playing along to the track. On its own it looks really boring. However, with just a bit of lighting and movement it immediately livens up. I did this by keyframing in zooms and pans while also adding brightness and contrast flashes to do lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment