Music Video - Start Something - Tear Down The Flagship

Our Final MySpace Website - Click to Visit

Our Final Album Cover

Monday, September 21, 2009

Project Artwork Idea

For all images if you want to look at them in more detail, click on the picture.

Here are some artwork ideas for our Project band. We all agreed that seeing as this genre of music seems to inspire a whole crazy load of nautical based band names, if we're meant to stick to stereotypes we should follow suit. One that I suggested is Tear Down The Flagship, that the others quite like, so we'll have to see if it sticks!

The pictures show my artwork design for the logo and how I made it. The first picture shows how I made the band title itself.

1. Started with plain text, three different fonts for each section of the title; "Tear Down" "The" "Flagship". These were plain black.
2. Grouped the text together so it was all one image. Added a scratch filter to the text to make it look worn out (typical hardcore band style thing to do).
3. Created a drop shadow to the bottom right of the image and changed the font to a turquoise like colour that I thought quite sea-like.
4. Combined the text and shadow for the final Band Font layout.

Next I created the images to go with the logo. I decided on an anchor and a squid/kraken. To make these I found black and white pencil drawings of both online. Next I added a full contrast and low brightness setting to each making it simply a black and white outline image, getting rid of all shading. I then individually coloured each section adding in shades and zooming in to get individual frames to make sure the colour was full and vibrant. However with the style of music in hand I went for a more low saturation style colour scheme. The red is meant to be a contrast to the logos colour. I then added the same Drop Shadow to each picture as on the logo.

After this I combined the two objects together. I cut the anchor in half and stuck one half in a layer above the logo, and one below. This allowed me to put the anchor through the "A" to make an individual and outstanding Logo.

I think the logo works quite well and fits the genre of music we are aiming to market with our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment