Music Video - Start Something - Tear Down The Flagship

Our Final MySpace Website - Click to Visit

Our Final Album Cover

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Guitar Syncing

Seeing as me, Matt and Simon have basically chosen the song we are going to do for our project I thought it important to think about the possibility that I may be playing guitar in this video. To think about this I have learnt the song we want to use and practiced playing along accurately with the recording. Whether I play the song perfectly or not, the point is that it looks like I am playing it perfect. This is very important for the performance for if the guitar playing looks wrong the performance overall will look very tacky. From this exercise I have seen the importance of practicing a song and making sure you know a song inside out for the video shoot.

The main things I have observed as important are these;
-Playing in time
-Playing something that works synchronously with the song (when the song changes chord, you must as well otherwise it looks wrong)
-Playing the right kind of instrument (I'm using an electric guitar rather than say a banjo!)
-Being able to play the song from start to finish so that any moment of the take can be used


No comments:

Post a Comment